• Willkommen im Coasterfriends Forum!

2015 Neuheit: Orlando bekommt Riesenrad und Madame Tussauds (Merlin)

Braumeister

CF Guru
CLUBMEMBER
Zumindest laut einem amerikanischen Artikel wo ich das gerade gelesen habe. Da ich das ganze hier noch nicht gesehen habe wollt ich es mal hier rein packen.

i-walk-the-orlando-eye-big.jpg

Bildquelle ist "I-Walk & Merlin Entertainments".

Finde das sieht sehr gut aus, und ist für uns Europäer vielleicht nicht so der Hit, aber für den Staatler dürfte vor allem das Madame Tussauds super sein.
So ein Riesenrad ist ja nie verkehrt. Kann man immer schöne Fotos machen.

Quelle.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
G

Gelöschtes Mitglied 1163

Hatte das gleiche auch schon gelesen aber bei "Orlando Attractions Magazin" im Newsletter den ich immer bekomme...
Dort heißt es das das ganze 2013 eröffnet werden soll und diesem Projekt mehr wahrheit zugesprochen wird als den Ankündigungen von 2008 & 2009 eines anderen Unternehmens was auch ein Riesenrad geplannt hatte am I-Drive, welches nie verwirklicht wurde...
Hier die passende Überschrift und Original Link (Quelle) zum Pressebericht bei "Orlando Attractions Magazin": Madame Tussauds wax museum and a 425-foot-tall observation wheel planned for International Drive
rock:-)

Edit: "Das Bild war mir von Airtimers auch bekannt nur bei den News von dieser Seite bin ich immer etwas vorsichtig von dort etwas zu posten."

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
So langsam hat wohl jede Kette einen Park in Orlando... Was wollen die denn noch alles bauen? Habe die echt so viele Gäste das man da noch die ganze Zeit weiter planen kann:confused:
Bin mal gespannt wie gut sowas dann angenomen wird:cool:

americancoasterfan

Fastpass Besitzer
Weiß nicht was ich von den ganzen Gerüchten halten soll, was alles in den nächsten Jahren in Orlando entstehen soll. Einerseits kann ich mir es sehr gut vorstellen weil es dort hin passen würde andererseits in der Zeit wo jeder auf das Geld achtet und größere Investitionen meiden tut passt es dann doch nicht. Obwohl das Riesenrad sich in Orlando gut machen würde und man hätte eine tolle Aussicht über den International Drive und die parks am Horizont.
Aber eines kommt niemals nach Orlando und zwar so ein second Hand Schrott Sea Life. Die haben Sea World was wollen die dann mit dem schlechten Aquarium?!
Um nochmal auf die Frage von Mario M. zurück zu kommen, Orlando hat so viele Gäste das selbst wenn es dort noch zehn Parks mehr stehen würden, selbst diese noch genügend Gäste hätten.
Das ist schließlich das Mekka der Freizeitparks.
Deswegen zieht es unter anderem auch mich jedes Jahr wieder dort hin.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

darkon

Deswegen steht in keiner der "offiziellen" Berichte auch etwas von SeaLife, da ist immer nur vom Orlando Eye und einem Mdme Tussauds die Rede.

Und die beiden haben ja durchaus eine andere Zielgruppe als die ganzen Parks.

Lucas.G

Stammgast
Tussauds hat schon recht dahin zu bauen ;) London Eye und der Dungeon,Wax-House und co. kommen ja wirklich gut an bei den Leuten!! Ich denke der Dungeon und Madamme Tussauds sind wahrscheinlicher als ein SeaLife welches ja konkurenz zu SeaWorld hätte ;)

Braumeister

CF Guru
CLUBMEMBER
Sehr nette Neuinterpretierung eines Riesenrads, dass macht ganz andere Höhen bei weniger Platz möglich. Dürfte aber wohl nur für feste Standpunkte in Betracht kommen, denke nicht das sich das so leicht auf und abbauen lässt wie ein normales Riesenrad.

doCoaster

CF Team Redaktion
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Naja ich nehme doch mal an, dass das Riesenrad in Orlando keine großen Reisen antreten soll! :)
Die Luftaufnahme sagt mir soviel, dass (wenn ich es richtig erkannt habe) das Riesenrad mit Gelände direkt am International Drive liegt. Also dem Erlebnis und Touri-Zentrum schlecht hin!
Falls ich alles richtig verstanden habe könnte es sein, dass die große freie Fläche links im Bild das Areal ist, für das der Orlando Thrill Park vorgesehen ist.

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Das Projekt ist keine Eintagsfliege, denn es ist mal wieder in den Medien aufgetaucht:

Skyscraper Ferris Wheel Could Come To I-Drive

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A developer wants to replace an abandoned plaza on International Drive with a Ferris wheel, nearly 45 stories high. The new attraction will look like London Eye in the United Kingdom, which is the largest Ferris wheel in the world.

The developer and owner of the land said the Ferris wheel being built on I-drive will top that. For the first time, developer Chuck Whittal showed WFTV the renderings of the $100 million project.If the county approves the plan, it will be built on the site of the old Mercado shopping center on International Drive."It's going to be the game changer on I-Drive," said Whittal.The models of the project show a Madame Tussaud's wax museum and an aquarium surrounded by shops and restaurants. In the middle of it all is a 450-foot Ferris wheel designed just like the London Eye, but bigger.The developer said visitors will get a 30-minute ride and an aerial view of all of Orlando.The Ferris wheel doesn't look that large in the model, but when it's finished, it will be taller than the Peabody Hotel on International Drive and the second tallest Ferris wheel in the world.But, WFTV asked Whittal how he plans to compete with the countless attractions already on I-drive."We don't. We're going to out compete. We think what we're doing is unlike anything that's been done on I-Drive," he said.Whittal said he expects 3 million to 4 million visitors a year. WFTV found tourists from the U.K. who are willing to make another trip back to see what the Orlando eye has to offer."That's actually a pretty good idea because you don't have that here at the moment. I've used the (London) Eye a few times, and it's quite fun. The only thing you would be missing, of course, is the view of London," said British tourist Robin Walman.Whittal said the project would bring nearly 1,500 jobs.The County Planning Department is expected to approve the plans on Wednesday. The only concern officials had is parking, they said. The developer said a free garage will be built.
Das London Eye ist zwar nicht das höchste Riesenrad, aber das Projekt klingt trotzdem verlockend:)

Quelle mit TV Newsbeitrag

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Aha, das Riesenrad ist kein Riesenrad, sonder eine Achterbahn die langsam außen um ein ovales Gestell fährt:D

Der Newsbeitrag --->Hier<--- ist sehr interessant:)

Plans moving for giant I-Drive Ferris wheel

A plan to redevelop the old Mercado Shopping Center on International Drive cleared its first hurdle when Orange County's Development Review Committee gave preliminary approval with conditions to plans for a 9 acre amusement park and shopping complex. The biggest attraction will be a 425-foot Ferris wheel that will be the first of it's kind in the world. Paul Batt with Unicorp Development says it is a radical change from bicycle type wheels you know like the London Eye.
"This technology is fairly, radically different in that it does not rotate, the wheel itself does not rotate. There is no central hub. It is basically a roller coaster that travels at 1 mile per hour."
The Mercado property is currently filled with weeds, some of them 7 feet high, but soon jobs will be there instead.
"Construction wise probably a thousand jobs. I mean this is an 18 acre site, probably in the neighborhood of a $100 million project."
Batt estimates another thousand jobs once the attraction and shopping opens. The complex will also include an aquarium and Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum. I asked Paul Batt why his company would try such a massive development right in the middle of an economic downturn?
"A lot of times, people are looking for a means of escape, and this will provide an all day means of escape that is not quite thelevel of financial commitment that you have at some of the other attractions locally."
The next stop for the development will be the Orange County Commission. Most of the concerns from the DRC were over parking issues the company plans to resolve before final approval. They hope to start construction by the end of the year, and the building phase is expected to take 14 months.

Read more: Plans moving for giant I-Drive Ferris wheel

americancoasterfan

Fastpass Besitzer
Wir mussten Deinen Beitrag löschen, da die angegebene Quelle bei uns eine gesperrte Quelle ist.
Die Quelle ist leider in der Vergangenheit durch diverse falsche Spekulationen und auch durch Veröffentlichung von gesperrten Unterlagen negativ aufgefallen, sodass wir Sie nicht mehr als Quelle oder gar als Verlinkung akzeptieren können. Dies dient in erster Linie zur rechtlichen Absicherung.
Das heißt aber im Umkehrschluss nicht, dass die Aussagen über das Thema falsch sein müssen. Sie müssen nur von anderer Quelle verifiziert werden.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Das Projekt wurde wohl genehmigt rock2:-)
Giant I-Drive wheel approved after owner backs off from huge sign

A project to build a giant wheel on International Drive got the go-ahead from county commissioners Tuesday, after developers dropped plans to put a giant advertising logo in the middle of it.
Unicorp National Developments, the company behind the I-Drive Live project, said it would forego efforts to put the sign on the wheel, after it came up against opposition from some area businesses.

imag0270.jpg

Rendering of the giant observation wheel proposed for I-Drive Live, with large circular sponsor/advertiser logo in middle of structure.

Company president Chuck Whittall, who early on in the process said corporate sponsorship of the $70 million wheel was essential to the project's financial success, said Tuesday he hopes to offset some of the lost revenue through job-creation incentives that he is discussing with the county.
"We're confident that everything we're doing with the tenants and the incentives we're discussing — that's sufficient for us to move forward," Whittall said.
The project is slated to be anchored by a 450-foot tall observation wheel, as well as a Sea Life aquarium and a Madame Tussauds wax museum. It will also include restaurants and shopping.
Whittall said work for scientists at the aquarium and engineers for the observation wheel may qualify for job-creation credits.
But county commissioners said they were not aware of any incentives being offered for the wheel, and staff members who handle such incentives were not available to provide any details.
Unicorp promised to break ground immediately on the $250 million project, located at the site of the former Mercado shopping-and-dining complex on International Drive. The giant lot in the midst of International Drive has remained vacant for years.
Now that construction is slated to start, Unicorp said it expects the project to open in 24 months or less. When it first announced the project last year, Unicorp said it planned to open the entertainment complex in 2013.
While area business owners had expressed support for the general project, they'd argued that special waivers for signs and murals requested by Unicorp were beyond the scope of what should be allowed in the convention district. Eventually they reached a consensus with Unicorp on everything but the giant wheel sign, said Chrissy Martin-Foglesong, executive director of ETC, which represents several prominent businesses along I-Drive.
Commissioners approved several other waivers for signs on the property: They'll be able to paint giant murals on the aquarium and the wax museum and will get exceptions when it comes to certain other sign restrictions.
ETC, the group of International Drive business owners that had initially opposed the sign waivers, said it approved Tuesday after Unicorp's concession.
Commissioner Fred Brummer was the lone dissenting vote against the waivers.
"You get into these exceptions and the next person behind Mr. Whittall wants an additional exception," he said.
Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Hier mal neue Artworks sowie Konzeptzeichnungen von diesem riesigen Projekt!

jk.jpg
thumb_2_1066.jpg
thumb_3_1045.jpg
thumb_4_874.jpg
thumb_5_766.jpg
thumb_6_638.jpg
thumb_2012-08-07publichearingapplicantpaulbattunicorporlandointernationalhotel-120901150123-phpa.jpg
thumb_8_558.jpg

Scheint wohl schon fast grünes Licht zu geben! Mal sehen ob und wann gebaut wird:confused:

Quelle

Oben