• Willkommen im Coasterfriends Forum!

2014 Neuheit: Despicable Me @ Universal Studios Hollywood

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Nach Orlando erhält auch Hollywood einen neuen Darkride!

Terminator muss dafür wohl weichen:

2012_1015_T23D-Closing.jpg

T2:3D closes forever on 12/31/12.

With the 1.6 billion dollar expansion approved, T2:3D closing and being replaced with the rumored Minion Mayhem, and Wizarding World and City Walk expansion set to start construction very soon. Shouldn't this thread be made into the all purpose USH thread?

Also kommen auch hier die Minions :)

Quelle

sven79

Airtime König
Ist jemand den Ride schon in Orlando gefahren und kann etwas berichten?
Bei meinem letzten Besuch war er noch nicht fertig.

el barto

Airtime König
In Orlando ist es ja nur ein Simulator, soweit ich weiß. Soll es hier denn wirklich ein richtiger Darkride werden oder nur eine Kopie?

Pcoaster

Fastpass Besitzer
Da der Park ja wenig Platz hat, kann ich mir nicht vorstellen, dass ein größerer Ride gebaut wird...

Aber vielleicht weiß ja Mario mehr.:rolleyes:

OreonMaster

Re-Rider
Ist jemand den Ride schon in Orlando gefahren und kann etwas berichten?
Bei meinem letzten Besuch war er noch nicht fertig.

Der Ride in Orlando ist im Prinzip ein Simulator. Es gibt eine kurze Preshow anschliessend wird einem eine Sitzbank zugewiesen, welche sich dann zum Film hydraulisch bewegt. Die Story ist an und für sich ganz witzig, der Simulator okay, aber nichts weltbewegendes. Anschliessend gibt es noch eine kurze Postshow oder wie man das nennt und natürlich der obligate Souvenirshop. Also definitiv kein Darkride oder ähnliches.
Bin gespannt in wie fern sich der Ride in Hollywood von dem in Orlando absetzten wird.

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Mittlerweile hat der Park die "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem Attraction" offiziell bestätigt:

thumb_la74740.jpeg

Universal Studios HollywoodSM announces the much-anticipated arrival of "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem," a 3D Ultra-HD movie motion-simulator adventure. Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's worldwide blockbuster Despicable Me will come to life in Hollywood in an attraction modeled after the one in its sister park, Universal Orlando Resort® – with the addition of a few surprises unique to the Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM

"Based on the consumer feedback at our sister park, we expect the 'Despicable Me' ride experience to be a popular, family-friendly attraction for Universal Studios Hollywood. The ride continues the story line of the main characters from the blockbuster film through all-new 3D Ultra-HD animation, together with an interactive ride vehicle system," said Larry Kurzweil , President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Studios Hollywood. "In 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem,' our guests will experience the hilarious and heartwarming characters of the beloved film in a whole new way."

The fully immersive experience will debut in 2014 with the loveable cast of leading characters that have captured the laughter of audiences worldwide: super-villain Gru, his adorable girls (Margo, Edith and Agnes) and the unpredictably hilarious Minions.

"The 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem' attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood will continue to push the creative envelope with its exceptional show content, sight gags, special effects and 3D digital animation. The exterior treatment will feature even more thematic and colorful creative touches that will literally place park guests inside Gru's world," said Mark Woodbury , President, Universal Creative.

Guests will experience whimsically themed queues, preshow videos and comedic dialogue that set up the fundamental plot: Gru schemes to create more mischievous Minions from human recruits.

Guests will be transported into Gru's house as they meander through his living room and encounter visual elements as seen in the film – including the moon-shrinking SR-6 shrink ray – while they zig zag through a zany adventure featuring Gru's super-villain laboratory. The exciting journey continues as they swerve, bounce and plunge to get through the frantically humorous Minion training mission while donning specially designed 3D Minion goggles. Fun and frolic continue in a post-show dance party where Minion walkaround characters invite guests to strut their stuff in an impromptu Minion-inspired dance party.

"Despicable Me Minion Mayhem" was produced in collaboration between Universal Creative and Illumination Entertainment, and was recently honored as Best Animated Special Production at the 2012 Annie Awards, which recognizes Outstanding Achievements in the field of Animation.

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Universal hat sich ein neues Markenzeichen namens "Super Silly Fun Land" eintragen lassen, man kann also davon ausgehen, das rund um den Despicable Me Darkride ein kleiner neuer Bereich mit passender Thematisierung entsteht :)

Link zum Trademark

Hier mal die Szene aus dem Film :D

Despicable Me - Super Silly Fun Land - YouTube

Es wird wohl ein Spielplatz entstehen (macht auch Sinn, denn für den Harry Potter Bereich muss ein andere Spielplatz weichen ;)

Screamscape schrieb:
I’ve been told that we can expect to see a new fun play area for the kiddies built right next to the exit as well that might also feature a midway games area. Themeing it as Super Silly Fun Land would cover both bases quite well I think. It is also worth noting that the park will need a new kids play area anyway as the existing Curious George area will be closed to make room for the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter this Septemb

Quelle

Lumineux

CF Guru
CLUBMEMBER
wär ja eigentlich der Knaller, wenn die das GENAUSO nachbauen würden!

Bringt mir jemand Minionmerch mit?! :D love:-)

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Hier entsteht der Eingang zum Darkride:

8981786489_7a4065a625_c.jpg

Sind die selben Gebäude wie in Orlando!

Auf der HP wird auch schon mit der Attraktion geworben:

thumb_screen_shot_2013-06-11_at_4.jpg

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Der Park hat mittlerweile auch den neuen Bereich bestätigt!

Universal Studios Hollywood schrieb:
Minions love Hollywood! Despicable Me Minion Mayhem & Super Silly Fun Land - coming Spring 2014!

1000185_10151683399720149_329460458_n.jpg

In diesem Bereich wird wohl ein neuer Flatride entstehen! :cool:

Directly adjacent to "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem" will be "Super Silly Fun Land," an elaborate activity zone inspired by the memorable pierside park featured in Despicable Me. A colorfully themed water play area will delight guests of all ages with a multitude of fountains, water dumps and splash pools. Nearby, a dry play zone will invite guests to climb, crawl, jump and slide – while a themed ride will soar and spin guests aboard a fleet of imaginative ride vehicles for a view of "Super Silly Fun Land."

Quelle

Oben