• Willkommen im Coasterfriends Forum!

Neu 2012: Mammoth @ Holiday World

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Im letzten Newsletter hat der Park etwas Großes angekündigt... mal sehen was es wird... am 3. august wissen wir mehr.

Holiday World has teased that they have “big… really big” plans in store for 2012 in their latest news letter. They will unveil their plans on August 3rd, so stay tuned.

Nächstes Jahr scheint es viele Highlites in Amerika zu geben, mit Dollywood, Hersheypark, Mt. Olympus, Holiday World sowie diversen Six Flags Parks und dem Canadas Wonderland.

Bin sehr gespannt was sich so alles entwickeltrock2:-)

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Die ersten Fakten dringen auch schon vor der offiziellen Bekanntgabe durch, außerdem gibt es Spekulationen über einen neuen Themenbereich:)

Mit 9 Millionen $ lässt sich shcon was ordentliches bauenyummy:-) bin gespannt was es wird...

Hier mal ein Artikel dazu:

Holiday World Spending $9M – Eric’s 5 Things They Should Spend It On

282190_10150246836809538_35385539537_7531352_6868419_n-272x300.jpg

Dan Koch, Holiday World President/CEO holds the secret plans for 2012 (Courtesy of Holiday World/Facebook)

Speculation has been swirling the last couple weeks about what projects Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari have planned for the 2012 season. The announcement will be made next Wednesday, August 3rd. So, what do Dan and Pat Koch have up their sleeves? It’s hard to say, but I have a few ideas on how to spend the projected $9 Million! Since the last two years, the main additions have been to Splashin’ Safari, I’m thinking it’s time to expand the Holidays once again. We already have Christmas, Halloween, and 4th of July, and the most recent, Thanksgiving. There are several choices left, so here’s my top 5 ideas:
1 ) St. Patrick’s Day – The options are endless for this area. I can see the green colors popping off game kiosks and buildings. How about some corned beef and cabbage in the new restaurant? And how about the classic rainbow ride, to bring back the thrills the “Banshee” used to provide for park guests and a young leprechaun named Eric.
2 ) New Year’s – This new area could put smiles on the faces of everyone from Baby New Year to Father Time. Clocks could countdown at the top of EVERY HOUR, making it feel like it was always New Year’s Eve! How about a new ride on a larger scale than “Liberty Launch” where guests plummet to the ground in a ball made of crystal. Hey, Snooki tried to do it, sounds fun to me!
3 ) Valentine’s Day – How sweet would this be? Couples of all ages can fall in love again over a candle-lit lunch (with free Pepsi). They could then ride through the Tunnel of Love. I could even see a new coaster for those who have found love and some who hadn’t called the “Runaway Bride.”
4 ) Easter – Much like the Christmas area at Holiday World, I think this area would be catered more toward the smaller kids and families. But how cool would it be to have everyday egg hunts? Maybe they create an off-shoot of one of my favorites, “Gobbler Getaway,” and call it the “Rabbit Round-up.” And of course, candy…lots and lots of candy!
5 ) Arbor Day – My wife swears this has to be the answer. There are plenty of trees just north of the Voyage and Splashin’ Safari. Why not create a wooded adventure through the treetops? How about Holiday World’s first ever suspended coaster called “Tall Timber?” Arbor day…such an underrated Holiday, really.
Ok, so my ideas are pretty lame, but that’s why Dan and Pat Koch get paid the big bucks. Be on the lookout for the big announcement next Wednesday, and follow Holiday World on Facebook for updates. Make sure you listen to 99.5 WKDQ in August for your final chances to win tickets to Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari for this season.
Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Ich tippe ja auf einen Woody.

Mhh, läuft zwar mit dem Woodys ganz gut bisher, aber ein guter Stahlcoaster würde dem Park sicher auch stehen:)

Aber folgender Satz lässt wieder auf was großes hoffen:

The park has said that what will be announced will be "the largest single ride project in the park's 65-year history."

In 4 Tagen wissen wird mehr...

Quelle

Coaster-Fan

Gesperrt
Ich denke echt in die Richtung Duelling Woody, da kommt man mit 9Millionen gut hin.
Einen grösseren Stahlcoaster kann ich mir im Park nicht so vorstellen und auch mit dem Budget käme das nicht so ganz hin.

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Da die Attraktion wohl mit einer Animation angekündigt wird ist wohl davon auszugehen das es in irgendeiner Art und Weise eine Achterbahn wird, denn Flatrides müsste man nicht extra zeigen (außßer es wird etwas ganz neues)
:)

Quelle

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Die Präsentation der neuen Attraktionen kann jetzt im Moment Live mitverfolgt werden:

HolidayWorld on USTREAM: .

Gleich geht es los... ich werd mir das mal anschauen:)

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Es wird eine Familienattraktion...:)

Jetzt ist es raus... Es wird die längste Wasserrutsche der Welt, wobei es sich dabei um so eine Boosterrutsche handeln wird...

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Naja, ich hab die Veröffentlichung Live gesehen und muss sagen, dass die Argumente dafür schon echt gut sind, denn der Freizeitpark scheint Kapazitätsmäßig besser dazustehen als der Wasserpark, denn dieser platzt im Moment wohl aus allen Nähten und braucht eine Attraktion die viele Leute wegfahren kann...

Natürlich wäre mir eine Achterbahn lieber gewesen, vor allem bei der hohen Investitionssumme...

Hier mal Bilder und Videos zur Anlage:

mm_header.jpg

mammoth09_full.jpg

mammoth08_full.jpg

mammoth07_full.jpg

mammoth06_full.jpg

mammoth05_full.jpg

mammoth04_full.jpg

mammoth03_full.jpg

mammoth02_full.jpg

mammoth01_full.jpeg

185577_10150253292539538_35385539537_7599197_3334058_n.jpg

253274_10150253314174538_35385539537_7599326_4649385_n.jpg

New for 2012 at Holiday World: Mammoth - World's Longest Water Coaster! - YouTube

Onride:

New at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in 2012: Mammoth (point of view) - YouTube

Quelle

Benny

CF Team
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Ganz schwach, ist doch das selbe wie Wildebeest, nur mit runden Booten für mehr Personen...

(Wobei Wildebeest für sich wirklich absolut genial ist, Wasserrutsche mit LIM) :D

Mario M.

CF Team News
Teammitglied
CLUBMEMBER
Neben Mammoth wird es für den Park noch eine 2. Neuheit für nächstes Jahr geben, diesmal aber nicht im Wasserpark, sondern im Freizeitpark. Das ganze wird ein Starflyer ähnliches Gebilde von Zamperla was ungefähr 20 Meter hoch wird:)

HolidayWorldNewRide.jpg

Das Geschäft ersetzt diese Attraktion:

3536750378_fb0a8c1ac6_z.jpg

Der Name für die neue Attraktion wurde noch nicht bekanntgegeben...

Attraktion auf der HP von Zamperla:
Zamperla

Quelle

Oben